The Ineos Grenadiers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
14 wins so far this season. Fewer than Pog
https://www.procyclingstats.com/statistics/teams

They don’t have any GC riders apart from G but he is now thinking about life after cycling and switched his focus to supporting the team.

There is only really Swiftie brothers and kwiatkowski who are of age to be the next GC riders.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They don’t have any GC riders apart from G but he is now thinking about life after cycling and switched his focus to supporting the team.

There is only really Swiftie brothers and kwiatkowski who are of age to be the next GC riders.

yup
They missed the boat scouting new talent , i dont know if its that they need somone to come in and do a bit of behind kicking to get results or whether they need to get someone whos better at negotiating contracts would potential winners.
Just looked up budget for teams and visma, uae and ineos are all pretty much equal at around 55 million !! intermarche wanty have less than a third of that and they have scored 3 stages .
Ineos simply doesnt have anyone who is capable of competing against the cream of the crop for GC currently , I did have hopes that pidcock would develop but he seems to have peaked although of course hes bloomin fantastic he is not on the level of pog/vin.
G, lets face it hes doing brilliant for his age but the clock is against him.
Bernal is regaining form but he doesnt look like he will peak again at a level to be in contention
Rodriguez is good but again doesnt seem to have the same form as pog/vin
The sky/ineos train of old is not as strong as it was , gone are the days where they used to put the peleton to the sword to burn everyone off the wheels now UAE seem to be the go to team , in fact they remind me of the old team Sky if you discount the Pog factor .

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What goes around ...

Lotto NL Jumbo used to be nothing special and people used to say that Pog's problem was he had no decent support.

Reactions: mjr

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ben Swift is 36, Kwiato is 34...too old and not good enough.
Conor Swift is 28 and has never been anywhere near that sort of talent.

Kwiato too old ... Yeah
But he's a former world champ and MSM (and a bunch of other things) winner. And he won on the Grand Colombier last year. Cut an old man some slack. ;)

It’s embarrassing. Something isn’t right within the team.

Never really replace Brailsford or Portal.

Isn't Brailsford still in charge? Although also doing things for Man U and Nice ?

I wonder if Ratcliff is still into the team or is he too busy changing things up at Man U?

OP
OP
Roscoe

Roscoe

Guru
Brailsford heads up Ineos Sport, so pretty much hands off the cycling team now.

You just wonder if they’ve got the vision to get back or not, they appear to have no direction.

Perhaps Sir Jim is losing a bit of interest.

OP
OP
Roscoe

Roscoe

Guru
I hate to say it, but they might have to part with Pidcock, he’s not a GC contender and comes across as a bit disruptive/selfish.

Rodriguez might podium eventually but I don’t see him beating Pog, Vingegaard or Remco at the moment.

They‘ve got a good crop of younger talent, perhaps it’s a case of waiting 5/6 years and they may develop.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Brailsford heads up Ineos Sport, so pretty much hands off the cycling team now.

You just wonder if they’ve got the vision to get back or not, they appear to have no direction.

Perhaps Sir Jim is losing a bit of interest.

Has Brailsford ok now ? i know he had health issues but its gone a bit quiet as i would have thought he would have been a bit more proactive given the lack of results

Top Bottom