Super Galaxy Tandem 531 Late 80s/Early 90s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
IMG_20140201_112224950_zps19575b99.jpg
If she looks a little odd it's because the front end is a 21-1/2" (C-T) and I'm 6'2" ; so I've got a long seat post maxed-out, and an long/tall adjustable stem.
Rear is about a 20" (C-T) so will accomodate quite young children - I rode E2E with a 9 year old stoker.

Frame is all sound, paintwork in good condition, although the decals are now very scruffy.
Wheels are 40 spoke with lovely polished alloy Mavic rims
Everything is pretty much original except:

New tyres: Bontrager HardCase RaceLite 28x700c Hardly ridden (100 miles max)
New freewheel: 6 speed IRD - ridden about 1 mile and new KMC chain
Chain rings are from a solo Galaxy so 48/36/24 (I think) in place of the original "half-step plus granny)
Brake levers changed for "aero" style, and operate the calipers front & rear.
The drum brake is operated from an old MTB friction gear lever mounted close to left hand bar end
(I wanted to leave the actual bar ends free to change gear shift to bar end from the current DT set - but never got around to it)
I can't recall which saddles and pedals it had originally, as we used Brooks and SPDs (which we are keeping) so it's currently fitted out with old flats pedals and wide padded seats which were in the "bits" box.

We've owned it for four years (bought from a couple of keen tandem club members who had it from new)
but we no longer use it, so time it found a new home.

£400

Any questions or needing more pics please PM me.

Norbert

IMG_20140201_112224950_zps19575b99.jpg
If she looks a little odd it's because the front end is a 21-1/2" (C-T) and I'm 6'2" ; so I've got a long seat post maxed-out, and an long/tall adjustable stem.
Rear is about a 20" (C-T) so will accomodate quite young children - I rode E2E with a 9 year old stoker.

Frame is all sound, paintwork in good condition, although the decals are now very scruffy.
Wheels are 40 spoke with lovely polished alloy Mavic rims
Everything is pretty much original except:

New tyres: Bontrager HardCase RaceLite 28x700c Hardly ridden (100 miles max)
New freewheel: 6 speed IRD - ridden about 1 mile and new KMC chain
Chain rings are from a solo Galaxy so 48/36/24 (I think) in place of the original "half-step plus granny)
Brake levers changed for "aero" style, and operate the calipers front & rear.
The drum brake is operated from an old MTB friction gear lever mounted close to left hand bar end
(I wanted to leave the actual bar ends free to change gear shift to bar end from the current DT set - but never got around to it)
I can't recall which saddles and pedals it had originally, as we used Brooks and SPDs (which we are keeping) so it's currently fitted out with old flats pedals and wide padded seats which were in the "bits" box.

We've owned it for four years (bought from a couple of keen tandem club members who had it from new)
but we no longer use it, so time it found a new home.

£400

Any questions or needing more pics please PM me.

Norbert

Hello Pete, that is a good looking bike, is it still for sale? I live not too far from you (20 or so miles) and would be very interested. Would it be Ok to come over and have a look?

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Hello Pete, that is a good looking bike, is it still for sale? I live not too far from you (20 or so miles) and would be very interested. Would it be Ok to come over and have a look?
I have someone lined up to come and look at it next weekend but he's not fully committed yet. Out of courtesy I should give him first refusal, but if you want to come over some time you'd be very welcome.

Norbert

I have someone lined up to come and look at it next weekend but he's not fully committed yet. Out of courtesy I should give him first refusal, but if you want to come over some time you'd be very welcome.
Of course. Good luck with that next weekend. I would be very interested and so perhaps you can keep me posted? Many Thanks

Top Bottom