STOLEN BMW E-BIKE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yoda123

Grey BMW e-bike with childseat stolen at 1635 on 3rd Sept 2024 outside Balliol nursery on Rawlinson Road. Reported to police. Bike is registered. Picture attached of our other bike (exactly same model) without childseat.

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 32

Gwylan

Veteran
Commiserations.
It's the total nuisance and inconvenience.
Any CCTV?

My E-Bike got nicked on the Banbury Road outside a coffee shop where I was.
For me it was the loss, the inconvenience and annoyance that anyone thought it worth nicking.
And the hassle with the insurance company. Not to mention all the incidentals that suddenly were not insured with the bike.

In my case no CCTV.

Just a crime number from the police.

Gunk

Guru
I’m really sorry to hear this, keep an eye on Facebook Marketplace, it may pop up for sale.

It’s worth hiding an AirTag on your other one, just in case.

I’m really sorry to hear this, keep an eye on Facebook Marketplace, it may pop up for sale.

It’s worth hiding an AirTag on your other one, just in case.

Often bikes are stolen and stripped for parts but this bike looks so proprietary you wonder how much they can sell of it. I wonder if the charger was with it or they will be looking to buy a BMW charger somewhere. I seem to remember a news story where the police raided a house with loads of stolen bikes and they were being kept until the heat was off before trying to resell them. Maybe they wait 3 months before reselling or something and then they can claim they only bought it a week ago if found out so it seems like they are not the original person who stole it. You wonder if they resell on the darkweb perhaps to people who live far away who can resell them more easily. I didn't even know BMW ebikes existed so they must be very rare in the marketplace. The design looks uber expensive too which would surely limit sales. It feels like an ebike difficult to sell on.

The most stolen ebike brand is Carrera by sheer volume and Specialized as a percentage of their overall sales. A while back I saw a person take a picture of a Haibike that was outside a shop and then continue walking by. It could have been completely innocent or perhaps informing someone of a potential ebike to steal or just wanted to find more details about it to see if it was worth stealing himself.

Top Bottom