Sort of new member...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can't find any old posts, although I thought I'd made a few... anyhow.

Live in the wilds of central Tavistock, and currently own two bikes. A 2002 spec Trek 800 Sport MTB, bought new in 2001, and a just-acquired Scott USA AFD Expert road bike, which is usable, but will need work in the short/medium term. Plus point: freebie.

I may yet not be able to use the Scott due to lower back issues - I have not actually ridden it yet! I got it while doing a basic bike mechanic/maintenance course, which included a new bike. Having built the new one ( a fairly nice but standard hybrid), I was able to do a swap for the Scott, AND do it up to be rideable, parts included.

So, what do I look out for, the first time I ever get on a road bike? Actually, I did have an ancient classic 10-speed, back around 1985, but things a just a tad different now...

Cheers,

Den

Aha, have a'Three years in' trophy - must be some posts somewhere!

U

User32269

:welcome:back! 8 posts in 3 years! Nobody likes a chatterbox!

:welcome:back! 8 posts in 3 years! Nobody likes a chatterbox!
:biggrin:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So, what do I look out for, the first time I ever get on a road bike? Actually, I did have an ancient classic 10-speed, back around 1985, but things a just a tad different now...
Doesn't have to be. @biggs682 can fix you up. My road bike is from 1983 and I've recently shoehorned in an extra rear cog (relocated mudguard bolt) to make it a 12-speed :laugh:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
thanks @mjr

@DCBassman the first thing to look for when you get on a road bike is the comfort , so try and go and sit on quite a few different styles and makes older and newer style , steel , alloy or even god forbid carbon .

once you work out what size you need try a few more just to be sure

once you know what you want feel free to get in touch via here or my racing bike biggs682 facebook page

Top Bottom