Sore Glutes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fraz101

I have been cycling a couple years and this season I have made a conscious effort to improve my speed.

I have been attending regular chain gangs as well as club rides.

In the last few weeks I have been struggling to recover from glute fatigue.

One of the chain gangs I attend has some nasty lumps in the course and it is a real effort for me to hang in the group over them, I think these efforts have contributed to the slight injury I have (especially in my left glute)

I’m thinking I need some rest for a week or so and maybe some steadier rides (it only hurts when doing bigger efforts)

Any advice is welcomed moving forward with my training.

figbat

Slippery scientist
How's your fit to the bike? Saddle height? Crank length? Reach? Have you done anything specific to fit the bike or just eyeballed it?

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Also worth looking at stretches if you're getting aching; I've been getting similar on the commute - I think because the Brompton seems to favour low cadence / high load riding. I find sitting cross-legged on a soft surface like grass or the bed and stretching fowards helps with this :smile:

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

How's your fit to the bike? Saddle height? Crank length? Reach? Have you done anything specific to fit the bike or just eyeballed it?

I have played a lot with my fit. And I feel good on the bike just now with regards my fit.

Top Bottom