Solution for floating rear bike rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JackMc1991

Hello all,

I currently commute to work with the bike in the photo - it is fitted with a floating rear rack. I'm trying to find a solution to make my commute more comfortable and efficent.

At present I simply strap on a regular bag pack to the rack with bungee cords. It usually just contains my laptop and lunch and occasionally a change of clothes depending on the weather. It's fine but it's a bit of nuisance having to strap a bag on that isn't made for the rack.

Normal panniers don't work because they flop during the ride (because of the frame type) and bounce off the wheels. I have tried purchasing a rear rack bike bag but it is too narrow to fit my laptop.

Has anyone found a rear bike bag, wide enough for a laptop that fits will onto a rear rack? Or does anyone have any ideas that might solve my problem?

IMG_1119.jpg

Would you consider a different rack and proper panniers for the laptop?
Something like:

1724705038808.png

or

1724705108521.png

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/seat-...CUlirV4lQnqBe7J4ktgJEEhKZVGz3VHgaAj_yEALw_wcB

Gillstay

Veteran
I would just get a comfortable commuter bike. They are cheap and easy to find. And it suits what your doing.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I use a normal pannier rack with an adapter that replaces the seat post clamp, you obviously need to find the correct one for your bike .
Another option is a rack that attaches to the rear brake bridge which i have as well .

Attachments

• carrera vanquish.jpg
    carrera vanquish.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 10

albion

Guru
Simply fit a cheap fold down sorage crate with cable ties.
The photo shows the rack at full extension so keep weights reasonably low.
Or wear a haversack.

Top Bottom