[SOLD] Roy Thame Racing Bike ideal tourer or commuter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
mid 80's hand made to order Roy Thame racing bike with reynolds 531st fork blades,stays and butted frame tubes in a nice grey / silver colour various scratches that go down to white primer but no rust . 23" from centre of crank to centre of seat pinch bolt sized frame shown in pics set for me at 5ft 10" so early 6 foot easy .

mixture of shimano 600 gear levers operating suntour svx fr changer with shimano deore xr rear changer and stronglight crank with 170 mm arms . modolo america levers (1 hood split) operate modolo rocky cantilever brakes .

rims i think are mavic but unsure as labels have come off , fr is original laced to a large flange Maillard hub dated 21/87 whilst rear has had a newer shimano deore xt hub fitted at some point , useable un matched tyres.

shimano 600 pantographed stem with gb audax type bars , esge gaurds fr and rr (which has been cut short) alloy rear rack . 2 sets of bosses on each axle , 2 sets of bottle bosses , fluted saddle stem with brown maddison saddle which is very comfy .

any more info reqd please ask . loads more pics just ask .

asking £275 bike is in nn8 Wellingborough , Northamptonshire .

would prefer collection but will post for an extra £21.50

roythame.jpg

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Funny old world - looked at your picture above and "thought that looks familiar"
Checked and I bought an old Raleigh Elan off you from eBay as a restoration project for one of my sons.

Some pictures as you may be interested......please don't point out the saddle was on back to front - I had just slung it on for the photos as my son wanted a progress report. By the way he loves it! Zakframe.jpg

Attachments

• zakbike.jpg
    zakbike.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
bit of a refresher on this loads of question but no takers yet .

if anybody feels i am asking too much feel free to make an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom