SOLD Raleigh Reynold 531 frame - classic opportunity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
Classic Reynolds 531 frame and forks, size 59.5 (seat tube) - no dents or dings, rear triangle professionally set for modern-day wheels.

This frame started life as a Raleigh Banana Professional bike - from the days when Paul Sherwen managed the Raleigh racing team.
[I believe that Raleigh made two versions of the Banana - the Professional in 531 tubing and a cheaper replica in inferior tubing/components]

When I acquired it the paintwork was in very poor condition, beyond any sort of realistic restoration - I had it blasted and powder-coated in emerald green, with the original headbadge. It has one set of bottle cage bosses and bosses for downtube levers (or cable stops)

I built the bike up as a light tourer and enjoyed lots of miles on it - when I acquired a titanium tourer I converted the Raleigh to a fixed and again rode that many miles (including the London Sightseer Audax 3 or 4 times)

As I'm trying to reduce my collection of bikes the frame + forks are now for sale - I'd like to get £50 for it. Collected from Stratford-upon-Avon, or I can courier at cost.

Attachments

• raleigh-1.jpg
    raleigh-1.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 108
  • raleigh-2.jpg
    raleigh-2.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 103
  • raleigh-3.jpg
    raleigh-3.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 94
  • raleigh-4.jpg
    raleigh-4.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 92
  • raleigh-banana-orig.jpg
    raleigh-banana-orig.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Nibor

Bewildered
There is a Team Raleigh Banana appreciation society group on book of face you might get some interest on there if you use it. GLWYS

Top Bottom