[SOLD] Hope Hoops Pro 2 Evo 29-er wheelset (Stans Crest rims)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Before listing these on a certain auction site, I thought I'd see if anyone here was interested..?

If you are, you'll probably know more about these wheels than I do, so I won't bother explaining just how good the Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs are, and that you can run the Stans Crest 29-er rims either with normal tyres and tubes – I've been running Schwalbe Marathon Supremes in a 700x32C – or adapt them to run tubeless setup by purchasing a separate tubeless adaptor kit. I should mention though that these wheels have regular (not straight-pull) spokes.

I bought this wheelset on the 1st June to replace the OEM wheels on my Boardman Hybrid, and they have seen precisely 1,293 miles commuting use – no thundering through the woods or jumping off bumps, just nice, mostly smooth tarmac. The front wheel had developed the tiniest of wobbles, so I've had the LBS true it up ready for sale.

Both wheels are in excellent condition, but they are used so please expect the odd mark here and there consistent with careful use. There are the usual minor marks on the freehub body where the cassette was fitted, but I can't see any scratches, marks or dents on either the hubs or rims – they look as good as they did when they were new! The packs with Hope rim stickers, spare spokes and front wheel adaptor are unopened and just about visible in the photographs below.

The price? £250 posted, paid via PayPal gift please. I left the original boxes with the LBS when I bought the wheels, but will sort out packaging them securely for shipping. (Alternatively, you're welcome to collect them if you're local to Central Scotland)

Please send me a message if you're interested!

hope1.jpg hope2.jpg hope3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
A few views but no replies or messages, so I'm guessing either no-one's interested or the price is too high...

With Christmas just around the corner I'd really like to get these shifted, so what say £220 including postage, or £200 collected..?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You may struggle at that price with wiggle shipping them out at less than £300 for a brand new set

OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
You may struggle at that price with wiggle shipping them out at less than £300 for a brand new set
Fair point jowwy – but given they're in excellent condition (they look as good as they did when I bought them), I think £220 posted is a fair price... £200 is even fairer if someone is in a position to collect them :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom