SOLD: Genesis Croix De Fer 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
This is for a 2 week old 2014 Genesis Croix De Fer CX bike in frame size 56. Bike has done less than 10 miles and is in immaculate condition. The tyres have been uprated to Panaracer TourGuard Plus in size 700x28c and I will supply the original, stock tyres (new - unused) on purchase.

Frame is Reynolds 725.

The mudguards will be supplied with the bike but the remaining accessories shown in the picture (Computer, lights, rack, pedals) will not be supplied though I will fit the original flat pedals that were supplied with the bike. Receipt will be supplied.

RRP for this bike is £1149.

Price is £900.

Pics of actual bike here: http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Paulq13/library/Misc

Spec and geometry available here: http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/frames/adventure/croix-de-fer

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
May I ask why you are selling Paul.

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

Of course - I have a recurrent neck injury that the bike just seems to exacerbate and it will never go away. When I bought it I thought it was fine but, admittedly, I simply didn't test ride it for long enough. With some drop bar bikes I am fine, not with others - that's the only reason it's up for sale.

:sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hear that Paul.
It's a lovely looking bike. If I hadn't have bought a new commuter bike a few months ago I would have bitten your hand off.
Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

Thanks guys - agree and am more than a little bit gutted but I will replace it with a nice, flat bar, one that I will be able to enjoy.

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

The 'only' thing I can do when I find a bike causes this problem (and some don't) is consider surgery to insert a plastic disc between the C5/6 vertebrae in my cervical spine. Given that there's a (albeit slim) chance of paralysis from the surgery I just take my chances with a different bike. ^_^.

I have had bike setups, postural assessments etc, you name it. I just know that some bikes set it off, some don't. It's odd but no amount of adjustment makes tangible, sustainable, improvement. The stranger thing is that you can't always tell straightaway which is frustrating - it can sometimes take some hours in the saddle to feel if you will have the problem or not, at other times it starts straightaway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom