[SOLD] Burls Titanium Flat Bar Allrounder Hub Gear, Fixed or SS Capable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Ok so this is a complete bike up for sale, I reviewed all of my spares and decided that offering a complete bike that could be upgraded to a Rohloff made more sense than selling all the bits separately. This was heavily influenced by the big increase in postage costs. There are many pictures of both complete bike and the frame itself on my flikr account and the detailed specs are listed below. I have only indicate mileage/age of parts if they aren't brand new.

Price is £1300 shipped/delivered or £1250 collected:-

9068148970_1bce0fb67f.jpg
P1000103 by MacBludgeon, on Flickr

Frame - custom Burls titanium with Paragon Rocker dropouts to allow chain tensioning for hubgear/SS/Fixed use. Currently setup with normal derailleur inserts but sale includes a Rohloff specific non drive insert and a driveside insert without mech hanger. The titanium insert bolts should be tightened up to 25NM and I have used blue Loctite on the threads. With the installed Surly forks with an axle to crown of 390mm the frame specs are:-

ST CtoT - 545mm, ST CtoC 468mm, TT actual 593.2mm, TT Effective 615mm, TT slope 15.4 deg, ST/HT angles 72.5mm, HT length 200mm, chainstay length 445-462mm, BB drop 75mm, rear spacing 135mm(is closer to 133mm), SP size 31.6mm, SP Clamp 34.9mm, BB shell 68mm English, FD Clamp 34.9mm, Bottle cage mounts x 3, cable routing with full outers for disc brakes and hub gears, standard DT routing for derailleur gears

Frame was based around me at 6'1" and used a Thorn Mercury size large long as a template. The problem with the frame is the clearance I really wanted to be able to go up to at least a 700x50 tyre and this maxes out at about 700x45. The tubing selection is beefed up to be able to cope with heavier loads and rougher stuff.

New Parts:-
Forks - Surly LHT disc forks
Headset - M Part threadless in black
Seatpost Clamp - Hope black bolt up
Spacers- one silver/ti one black, plenty of adjustment potential still there, about 50-60mm of spacers
Seatpost - Thomson Elite SB black 31.6x400
Bars and Stem - Salsa Moto Ace and un named stem removed from a new Karate Monkey
Chainset and BB - Shimano UN55 square taper 68x122.5mm BB and Shimano Alivio chainset 26/36/48 in black
Chain - KMC 8 speed
Grips - Ritchey foam and sort of shaped and tapered
Rear Wheel - handbuilt via Wheelcraft, Deore XT 36h black hub on DRC ST19 black rim with silver spokes
Front Wheel - Surly 32h black hub on Salsa Delgado black cross rim removed from new Karate Monkey
Shifters - Alivio FCM410 black 3x8
Derailleurs - Alivio black 8 speed
Cassette- SRAM PG850 11-32
Cables - Shimano SP and new DT barrel adjusters

Used Parts:-
pedals - are old plastic ones only on there for test ride purposes
saddle - an old Outland black and white
brakes - Avid BB7 MTB bought from Interzen here, pads are very new and the oeverall condition of calipers , cables and levers is about 8.5/10 - the 160mm rotors are brand new
tyres/tubes - these have done about 20 miles, no damage - tubes are Specialized presta valves and the tyres are Schwalbe Marathon Supreme in 700x40 these are close to the frame/forks limit with mudguards added

Hi MacB, is this still for sale? Have some questions but not sure if private messages are working on this form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom