SOLD: Brooks Swift Saddle.... Brand New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maroon

Über Member
Hi
Bought this as an impulse buy to go with Van Nich bike, however not for me. The saddle been used a handful of times as in excellent condition would like offers around £65.00 mark as barely used.
Thanks for looking.

brooks.png

YHPM

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you use a Brooks half a dozen times it won't be for you.

After a year mine was just about right for me, after 18 months you would never get it off me.

Bear with it and you will love it.

Steve

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member

After a year mine was just about right for me, after 18 months you would never get it off me.

Steve

I don't agree with your comment. I have bought used Brooks without any issues. You might have to ride them for some miles before they mould to a new rider but that is something you do even when new.

Come to think of it, I know a few people that have bought used Brooks saddles and ride them without a problem. There are a few members here that have bought used brooks saddles too.

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member

Steve
Hi Steve
Thanks for the advice.
I'm not sure whether I'd like to wait that long for the saddle to break in though.
I'll keep it on offer in case anyone is interested in buying, me i'm going back to the Selle saddles.

I don't agree with your comment. I have bought used Brooks without any issues. You might have to ride them for some miles before they mould to a new rider but that is something you do even when new.

Come to think of it, I know a few people that have bought used Brooks saddles and ride them without a problem. There are a few members here that have bought used brooks saddles too.

I think you are reading steves post wrong :rolleyes:

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I think you are reading steves post wrong :rolleyes:
Quite possible, I just read it again and I'm confused about what he meant.

I don't subscribe to the breaking in thing TBH. I've had a couple of B17's in the past, bought brand new and both were perfectly comfy straight out of the box.

Horses for course and all that I suppose.

I can understand that, I have experienced the same but not with all brooks models. Swallow comfortable straight out of the box but not quite with B17.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member

I was talking about my B17 when I mentioned the year break in period.

With my Imperial I put it on the bike and rode my first century the following day without any problem at all. The most comfortable saddle I have ever owned.

Maybe it is certain models of Brooks there is a problem with. But most of them seem to come right in the end.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom