[SOLD] 2011 Ridgeback Horizon Audax/Road 58cm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Staffordshire Mamil

Über Member
I bought the bike new in 2011 and she has covered approx.1500 miles, never crashed or dropped, she is in really good condition, gear changes are very smooth, no creaks or obvious problems, she is surprisingly light & quick.
Please note, pump, bag, lights pedals and Garmin mount are not included in the sale. The bike has a triple chainset and is 9 speed - 27 gears, gets me up the biggest hills no problem. I am 6ft 1 inch and it fits perfectly.
The bike is very clean,I take pride in it's appearance! no paint chips, only notable marks are a slight scuff on the side of the saddle and a small gouge on the inside of one of the rear dropouts - the rear derailleur hanger broke resulting in the original rear mech hitting the rear wheel, this required the following repairs/upgrades- new hanger, new rear derailleur (upgraded to Shimano 105), broken spokes ( rear wheel rebuilt with new stronger silver sapim spokes) rear mudguard still has a slight kink. Now better than new !
Reluctant sale, my 57 year old bad back means I need to revert to a flat bar, sit up & beg. icon_sad.gif
FRAME - 6061 Double Butted Heat treated Aluminium
FORK - Carbon
HEADSET - Sealed Intellaset w/alloy spacer
SHIFTERS - Shimano Sora Dual Control STI
REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano 105
FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Sora
CHAINSET - Shimano Sora 52/42/30
BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano BB-ES25
CHAIN - HG50
FREEWHEEL - Shimano Cassette 12-25 9sp
HUBS - Shimano 2200
RIMS - Alex ACE-18 32h w/CNC sidewall
SPOKES - Stainless Steel black
TYRES - Continental Ultra Race 700x 25c
BRAKES - Tektro 356 Dual Pivot
BRAKE LEVERS - Shimano Sora STI
HANDLEBAR - 6061 Aluminium Ergo Audax
STEM - Deda adjustable
GRIPS - Cork Tape black
SADDLE - Brooks B17
SEAT POST - Alloy Micro 27.2mm
PEDALS - None
Viewing is welcome.
£300 for quick sale, would prefer not to post, collection from Newcastle under Lyme Staffs.
IMG-20130908-00192.jpg IMG-20130908-00193.jpg IMG-20130908-00201.jpg IMG-20130908-00199.jpg

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Very nice bargain

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is a nice bike, but for someone who has back problems, I would say the drop down to the handlebars is way too much. Have you tried using a higher stem, maybe flipping the one you have now? That would be a lot simpler and cheaper than changing bikes.

I also think you could rotate the bars back a bit. That would mean less of a stretch, which might or might not help you. Worth a try?

OP
OP
Staffordshire Mamil

Staffordshire Mamil

Über Member
It is a nice bike, but for someone who has back problems, I would say the drop down to the handlebars is way too much. Have you tried using a higher stem, maybe flipping the one you have now? That would be a lot simpler and cheaper than changing bikes.

I also think you could rotate the bars back a bit. That would mean less of a stretch, which might or might not help you. Worth a try?
Thanks for you suggestions Colin, you are of course correct, I have tried everything even to the point of using an adjustable stem to give extra rise at the front end. I just feel more comfortable & 'safe' these days on a flat bar, the drops at any height are just too uncomfortable.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks for you suggestions Colin, you are of course correct, I have tried everything even to the point of using an adjustable stem to give extra rise at the front end. I just feel more comfortable & 'safe' these days on a flat bar, the drops at any height are just too uncomfortable.
Fair enough!

I must confess that I don't ride 'on the drops' very often. I got out of the habit when I was too fat to get into that position comfortably. I usually use the drops on long downhills, of which there are plenty round here!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
No Phil, It's me.
Bike is a 58cm frame- description now changed,thanks for pointing it out

No problem, to big for me :sad: but will be a nice bike for someone :thumbsup:

Upstream

I'm with Colin on this. Also.. If I'm not mistaken - that stem has the ability to adjust the height by loosening the bolt that connects the two halves together and then tilting it upwards. It looks like a really nice bike and I have to admit that I'm tempted but with me being a little taller than you and having quite long legs I'd probably need the seat post set a few inches higher and therefore the drop would be too great for me - even after making adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom