[SOLD] 19" (Medium) Boardman Hybrid Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had this bike just over a year and it's been used pretty much daily on a 16 mile round commute. There are a few scuffs on the frame and left-hand crank arm (showed the worst in the pics) and some cable rub around the head-tube / top of forks. Just had brand new cassette and chain fitted and recently a new set of brake pads.

Everything is as stock (specs here) apart from upgraded Ritchey grips, Schwalbe XC Comp 30mm tyres and SKS mudguards. Got SKS Commuter on front and Chromoplastics on rear. I had the Commuters first and had to replace rear so I've still got the front Chromoplastics guard (I didn't fit it as I couldn't be bothered bending the stays). Also pedals are SPD M540

Size wise, I'm 5' 10" and it's bob-on for me and would probably suit a couple of inches either way.

I'm after £260 collected from Blackpool/Preston area.

WP_000203.jpg WP_000202.jpg WP_000204.jpg or for a bit of petrol money can drive to meet most places in North West.

Garyh09

Hi is this still for sale?

Garyh09

Thanks for the reply, would you take £150 for the bike, I can come and pick it up Fri or Saturday? Thanks, Gary

Garyh09

Thanks Andy but I only have £200 and would like to get some pedals give somebody fuel money, if you would like to do some sort of deal for Friday or Saturday let me know please. Thanks again, Gary

OP
OP
andylaw79

andylaw79

Über Member
Just to let you know Andy I'm still interested, cheers, Gary

Ok, cheers Gary.

vickster

Legendary Member
I would say so. Depends what you'll be using it for? I am sure it'll be lighter. Also always good to have 2 bikes ;) looks like the trek has suspension and no disc brakes? If so the boardman will be quicker on the roads and stop better in the wet

madferret

Über Member
I would say so. Depends what you'll be using it for? I am sure it'll be lighter. Also always good to have 2 bikes ;) looks like the trek has suspension and no disc brakes? If so the boardman will be quicker on the roads and stop better in the wet

Thanks for response, no my Trek doesn't have the suspension, oddly its hard to find info on it on the internet. But from my understanding, the 7100 has the front suspension, the FX models don't.

It also has grip shifts, which I am beginning to loathe and yes, the brakes on the Boardman look better and I guess a lot of the other components may be too....

Oh dear, N+1 maybe coming on.....:biggrin:

EDIT: As for usage, some road, some towpath and some trails, not planning on hurtling down any mountains but I like to be able to use the TPT (Trans Pennine Trail) which I don't believe suitable for Road bikes.

OP
OP
andylaw79

andylaw79

Über Member
Thanks for response, no my Trek doesn't have the suspension, oddly its hard to find info on it on the internet. But from my understanding, the 7100 has the front suspension, the FX models don't.

It also has grip shifts, which I am beginning to loathe and yes, the brakes on the Boardman look better and I guess a lot of the other components may be too....

Oh dear, N+1 maybe coming on.....:biggrin:

EDIT: As for usage, some road, some towpath and some trails, not planning on hurtling down any mountains but I like to be able to use the TPT (Trans Pennine Trail) which I don't believe suitable for Road bikes.

The Boardman is more than capable of a bit of cyclo-cross style riding, nothing too rough but towpaths and light trails not a problem. It's got 30mm cyclo-cross tyres on at the moment but if you wanted a bit more comfort from the tyres you could get a 35mm on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom