Skinsuit for skinny child

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
A bit niche, this one, but my son is racing competitively, and all those at his level are wearing skinsuits. They also have much bigger legs than he does, although it doesn't seem to affect his ability to sprint much.

IMG_20240712_191909_613.jpg

His club supply skinsuits to the top riders, and Matthew has one made by Gear. However despite him being 11, and the K3 sizing being for 8-9 year olds, he doesn't fill it, particularly in the leg area, making it more of a mountain bike baggy kit rather than a sleek skinsuit:
IMG_20240713_184548_607.jpg

Does anyone else here have a skinny young child with a skinsuit, does it fit, and who makes it? It is polyester, and won't shrink enough to make it tight. So thinking about adjusting it in.

Any advice?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Can't help but as someone who's always been skinny I feel for him. It was a pain growing up wearing clothes that were too big.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Other than "the look" is a skin suit actually going to make a difference? I'd wager a better fitting shorts and jersey combo is going to be more aero than a poorly fitting skin suit.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

1. All the other top riders in his club wear skin suits.
2. The top keeps riding up when he is riding, and that annoys him.
3. The top is a bit baggy too.

rivers

How far can I go?
Not sure if nopinz will do a custom suit for a child, but worth an ask? Might be a bit more than you want to pay though

Top Bottom