Shimano C24 RS80

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a C24 RS80 wheel set, the front is in very good condition, the rear had a slight mishap when the chain jumped to the inside and jammed between the hub and spokes, I subsequently managed to get the chain free, fitted a new chain and cassette and ran it OK for a while. However it must have had a weakness because a spoke broke. I left it ignored for a while and recently had it fixed. A LBS fitted 4 new spokes and I subsequently fitted it to my Boardman, however it didn't seem to sit perfectly centrally. Not sure why, it may be a set up issue, maybe the LBS didn't get it right.

Anyhow I am unsure if they are worth trying to sell, or get someone perhaps more knowledgable than my LBS to look at them.

Any offers, or suggestions?
Pics include a close up of the hub showing the scratches, etc.

IMG_1253.jpg IMG_1252.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Take it back with the bike to the LBS and show them the problem.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Any spacers on the axle? My hubs have spacers of very slightly different thicknesses each side between cone and locknut. Took me ages to work out why my wheel wasn't central after I serviced the hubs, stupid things were on the wrong sides.

Or the wheel's been dished wrong, which seems unlikely if they've only replaced four spokes.

OP
OP
oldgreyandslow
Sorry for the late reply, I am going to try and sort the rear so should have a fully functioning wheel set shortly and will have a look at pricing them then. They seem to be between £350 to £390 new, so maybe £150 or thereabouts I guess

Top Bottom