Shimano Alfine SG7001 gears upside down and back to front

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arainn

Regular
So here's a one.... I have successfully swapped the internals of a broken Alfine into the wheel of my Cube Hyde Race and the gears are now working well except in that the gear shifter is working back to front IE when I push it to the higher gears it shifts down ...I'm getting that the cassette joint (my original one because the replacement hub being second hand from eBay didn't come with any) is upside down but am not sure why this might be ... It's not a massive problem because the gears are working but if I'm missing something obvious then the quicker shifting down afforded by the pulling action is more codusive to smooth riding so I would appreciate anyone's advice. It's my only form of personal transport ATM so I'm hoping for sensible and level headed bike guruship ;) (my local bikeshop is lovely but doesn't do internal hubs :smile: * am not sure if pictures would help make the problem clearer but will have a think about that Thanknyou in advance....

For all Nexus and Alfine 8-speed hubs except the S7000 series Alfine hubs, the cable is loosest in the lowest gear. The S7000 series is the opposite, and the cassette joint and axle assemblies are significantly different.
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/nexus8.shtml

Top Bottom