Shimano 105 STi Ergo Shifters - Rare 7 Speed version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am selling these that came on a recent bike purchase.

They were not original to the bike and I've now decided to revert the bike to the original downtube shifters as part of a sympathetic restoration.

The bike is a 7 speed, so I'm assuming these are also 7 speed.

They seemed to work fine before I stripped the bike, and there are no cable remnants left in them, (seems to be quite common with these to leave bits of old cable in that are a pig to remove).

I've thoroughly cleaned, de-greased and re-lubed them, so they should be good for many more years hopefully.

They aren't in great condition cosmetically, but they are about 20 years old after all. The hoods have some marks on them but they aren't showing signs of cracking at all.

I was unsure what to ask, but they are hard to source and they do seem to be selling for over £50, so I'm ask £50 including P&P.

Full album of images is available HERE
img1591y.jpg

curzons246

Veteran
I really want these but I need them to be 7 speed - velobase states 8 speed - i've got 105sc hubs with a 7 speed cassette and my r400 8 speed dts wont work with them can anyone help please

Drago

Legendary Member
8 speed changers will work on a 7 speed freewheel/cassette. Use the adjusters/stop screws on the mech so the shifter won't be able to click into the final gear, if you see what I mean.

curzons246

Veteran
It seems to get out of synch in the middle - i can set them up with my 8 speedwheels but not the 7, however i am aware that everyone says i should be able to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom