Shimano 105 5750 Compact 175

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picture 005.jpg Shimano black 105 compact chainset 5750.

175 arms and 50/34t.

Lightly used but the black finish easily rubs off through shoe contact.

Drive side is bad on a couple of spots - left side has some but not so bad.

OK for winter bike or you could try sandpapering rough,applying a primer and then spray black.

£30 posted.

jim55

Guru
Pete I'm interested in these , though my bike has a standard sq taper bb , I take it I'd need to change mine

jim55

Guru
good man ,my intention is tostrip the black off and polish them ,is the black just paint or is it a coating thats a nightmare to come off

OP
OP
accountantpete
good man ,my intention is tostrip the black off and polish them ,is the black just paint or is it a coating thats a nightmare to come off

It's a "hard wearing Coating" - you'll need a polisher to rub it off I would have thought. Or a light sandpaper/ very fine wire wool to smooth it down.

djb1971

Legendary Member
Take the rings of and get some fine wire wool jim, a good polish will bring it up like new. I used t-cut on mine after I used wire wool.

Wear some rubber gloves though!

jim55

Guru
excellent ,chrome ones will look the biz once the coatings off its wire wool and use autosol at the same time ,cheers (btw did u remove the coating easy?)

djb1971

Legendary Member
It came off fairly easily, mine were the smoked ultegra sl arms. I think 1200 wet and dry would be faster but I had a big bag of wire wool :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom