Sabbath 5th Element Titanium MTB Frame (Medium/18’) Great condition + CK Headset & USE Titanium Post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sabbath 5th Element Titanium MTB Frame (Medium/18’’)

I bought this frame for a project that I never quite got around to finishing. There absolutely no dents, dings, cracks, deep scratches or major marks etc. You could be hard pushed to find any real blemishes at all. I am sorry to see it go but my cycling days are just about over.

It comes with a new Chris King headset with top cap and a new USE Sumo Titanium seat post (31.6/350mm) that I installed a couple of months back. The USE Sumo is one the best titanium seat posts you can get. A Chris King headset needs no introduction. Together these both cost me over £200.00. There is also a Sabbath Titanium seat post clamp with a titanium bolt. These are very hard to get now. To the best of my knowledge they are no longer available. Originally these frames did NOT come with a headtube badge so I had one designed and made in the US at quite an expense. It is attached to the frame using 3M exterior double sided tape. This badge is one of a kind. Nice simple design too. Thanks to a vigorous wipe with a cleaning cloth the decal on one side is missing a small part which you can see in one of the pictures. Other than that – things are great with the frame. I will be very sorry to see it go.

Please note that this is 26’’ MTB frame and NOT a 29er etc!

The details are as follows:

The titanium is twice heat treated, once after tube production and once after the frame has been assembled. It is brushed titanium.

Top tube: Squared from round section design. This process stiffens the material slightly. It is also double butted and has an extended top tube.

Seat tube. 31.6 seat pin. Double butted.

Bottom Bracket Shell 73mm

Headset Tube Standard 1 1/8’

Frame weight 2.020kg

Chain stays: size specific tube wall thickness, asymmetric.

Seat stays: Oversized

Dropout: 6al 4v, with integrated int std disc mount. Capacity for up to 160mm rotor.

Head tube: 3al, 2.5V oversized.

Downtube: oversized and gusseted double butted bi-axial ovalised.

Head angle: 69.5 (with 510 axle to crown fork)

Seat angle 72.5 (with 510 axle to crown fork)

Head tube length: 120mm

Top tube length: 594mm (23.4")

Chainstay length: 425.5mm (16.7")

Seat tube (C-T): 457mm (18")

Rear width 135mm

USE Seatpost Details

Length: 350mm

Material: Ti 3Al/2.5V Reynolds Titanium / CNC'd 7075 T6 Aluminium head & clamp

Finish: Brushed titanium

Layback / Offset: 10mm (standard SUMO)

SUMO Clamp: Laser etched angle adjust - Full range of saddle tilt available

Weight: 238mm

I am happy to answer any questions and will consider any good offers. Personal collection is certainly possible but I am happy to post. I have a good strong box for it so it will come securely packed. Please note that I will be using a courier service with added high value insurance so the postage charge could be high. My guess is around £30.00

It is currently for sale on Ebay and has attracted quite a bit of interest with a fair number of offers.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG