Road rage attack - Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just seen this in the Liverpool Echo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-throws-bike-car-smashes-30123897

Clearly we have to say that attacking a car like that - and injuring the occupants is not acceptable

However, it occurs to me that the article misses something out
The cyclist must have some reason - however insufficient - for all this

and we could all speculate that teh car cut them up and or close passed
btu it is not covered in any way by the newspaper article

any comments

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Just seen this in the Liverpool Echo

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-throws-bike-car-smashes-30123897

Clearly we have to say that attacking a car like that - and injuring the occupants is not acceptable

However, it occurs to me that the article misses something out
The cyclist must have some reason - however insufficient - for all this

and we could all speculate that teh car cut them up and or close passed
btu it is not covered in any way by the newspaper article

any comments

Yes; for all we know they could have done anything to provoke that.

Not justifying it, but when someone's stupidity / inattentiveness / arrogance / deliberate aggression genuinely endangers your life, it's going to elicit a reaction.

To be fair this is often how news is reported, at least initially.

There was a case near me recently where a bloke was stabbed to death, with the usual "he had a heart of gold", "lovable rogue" type stuff in the local press.

More recently from the trial it appears that when ostensibly buying a (totally legit?) watch off two blokes, he nicked it and did a runner, got caught, pulled a knife and in the ensuing shinanigans got stabbed.

Will be interesting to see how the road rage case pans out, although if they ever catch the guy it'll be his word against theirs, with his reputation potentially already damaged by his behaiviour and general anti-cyclist sentiment.

Can't condone his behaviour, but I won't lose any sleep if he's never caught.

Because there is no possibility that the cyclist might just be an unpleasant ar*ehole (as well as being ginger), and the cause may have been nothing to do with the victim's driving.

Let's find out more before victim blaming.

200w.gif

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
The female driver didn't deserve to have this gorilla huffing and puffing at her windscreen and calling her names.

SEC_205918082-0fbb.jpg

Road rage is rarely reasonable and it's hard to justify. I don't see it as the remedy for good road manners and improving road safety for all road users... The opposite in fact.

In any case, there are very little details of the incident available in the link.

Drago

Legendary Member
The female driver didn't deserve to have this gorilla huffing and puffing at her windscreen and calling her names.

View attachment 748827

Road rage is rarely reasonable and it's hard to justify. I don't see it as the remedy for good road manners and improving road safety for all road users... The opposite in fact.

In any case, there are very little details of the incident available in the link.
Oooooh, I'd love to have met him.

Gillstay

Veteran
It always remind me of one when I was a kid where a motorcyclist tore the door off a mini and put it through the screen. Would have been something to see.

OP
OP
E

This is sortof what I was thinking about

totally one sided article - no apparent attempt to find otu what happened before

it might have been the driver's fault

it might also have been the cyclists's fault and he was the sort that is unable to take blame without going beserk

just terrible journalism

but then - it is the Echo

I don't understand some of these comments - given the lack of any context with the initial report.

The reporting is carp. That's the only judgement I can make. I'm not going to infer anything about the cyclist or driver involved. And I'm not going to make any remarks about other cyclists or drivers - specific or general. There's no way of knowing whether they'd be relevant or not.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't understand some of these comments - given the lack of any context with the initial report.

The reporting is carp. That's the only judgement I can make. I'm not going to infer anything about the cyclist or driver involved. And I'm not going to make any remarks about other cyclists or drivers - specific or general. There's no way of knowing whether they'd be relevant or not.

But you did anyway.

blackrat

I know nothing about this incident, but I would like to believe that all of us behave on the road in such a way we do not engender negative feelings about other cyclists, lest another poor sod cycling along gets the bad end of it from a motorist.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I know nothing about this incident, but I would like to believe that all of us behave on the road in such a way we do not engender negative feelings about other cyclists, lest another poor sod cycling along gets the bad end of it from a motorist.

Yes, because on motorist forums up and down the land, drivers are worrying that their behaviour behind the wheel might engender negative feelings about other drivers. Or maybe not.
I drive and cycle, but I am not responsible for nobbers on bikes any more than I am for nobber drivers.

Top Bottom