RIP Liam Payne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I know the CC demographic isn’t really aimed at One Direction, but at one point they were the biggest band in the world so this is a huge story.

The tragic death of a young man who seemed to have it all is a tale as old as fame itself, and Im sure we all have our own memories of famous heroes gone too soon.

My 17 years olds first words to me this morning was that Liam had died. She isn’t a huge fan but it’s big news for the under 25s.

And they did make some fantastic pop songs. This one is now very poignant.

View: https://youtu.be/syFZfO_wfMQ?si=KD94EkGBZTMvgPcz

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
And already sick jokes are circulating on social media..
Wasn't personally a fan but the group must have had something, i guess, judging by their popularity.

RIP Liam

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Wasn't personally a fan but the group must have had something, i guess, judging by their popularity.
A merciless corporate marketing machine targeting kids probably helped..

I can sympathise from the mental health angle; however I think it's not difficult to guess my position on the worth of the guy's contributions to music and culture.

Countless infinitely more valuable individuals die quietly daily without a media-orchastrated outpouring of grief.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
A merciless corporate marketing machine targeting kids probably helped..

I can sympathise from the mental health angle; however I think it's not difficult to guess my position on the worth of the guy's contributions to music and culture.

Countless infinitely more valuable individuals die quietly daily without a media-orchastrated outpouring of grief.

I can think one individual with much less worth right now.

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
Really sad news, he was a Dad with a little boy who will be devastated and his family.
31 is very young. Sorry to all who will be affected by his loss. Life is very fragile.

I know nothing of the man, nor of One Direction, but your observations should remind everyone he wasn't just a celeb, he was a dad, a son, a friend, a sibling, and a whole lot more.

I am glad that the news media call him Liam Payne from One Direction or I would not have known who he was.

Now who are One Direction?

Seriously though, it is sad that another celebrity I have never heard of has died and I send condolences to friends and family. He was so young at 31!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The hotel's 911 calls are transcribed on the BBC report. Fair to say the young man had his judgement significantly impaired at the time.

markemark

Über Member
Pure speculation but I tend to have little sympathy for people who have lots of money and then die after taking copious amount of drugs. I feel for the family, the first responders and those who found themselves there.

He was exploited from childhood, first for TV talent show then for record sales (reading up on him in wiki). He might have money but he lost part of his childhood and some people can not cope with all the hassles of celebrity. He also ended up an addict so whilst his rich life might have had potentially good due to the money the addiction is never good and can take over any good judgement that is left in the addict.

I have met only a few addicts and they all had something that lead to the addiction. It is complicated.

Top Bottom