Rim/Tyre thoughts!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can I please get some advice on Bontrager rims and Bontrager race lite tyres? I have been trying to research these but can't seem to get any decent opinions on either and as they are on the bike I am planning to buy I don't want to be making a mistake.

They come as standard equipment on the Trek 1.9 model and i'm not sure if the shop would change them for me or not and if they would to what?
 

jimboalee

Legendary Member
Location
Solihull
I have only one gripe with my Bonty wheelset.

First thing I did was get rid of the aluminium spoke nipples. Changed them for chromed brass std jobbies.
The ally ones act as 'sacrifice plates' in any salty water. They are soft so 'round off' at the first sight of spoke key.

The rims themselves are OK. Nice wide brake tracks.
 
Most LBSs that I've traded with would change whatever you wanted to change, and give you credit for the parts that you didn't want. They will set up the bike the way YOU want it...change the tires, wheels, bars, saddle, etc. etc.
 

Tynan

Legendary Member
Location
e4
certanly tyres as a straight swap

of course they'll do changes for the difference, or bloody well should
 
OP
OP
W

weepiglet

Guru
Tynan said:
certanly tyres as a straight swap

of course they'll do changes for the difference, or bloody well should

So what would be the suggestions - bearing in mind the wallet has moths in it after getting the bike!! :smile:
 
Top Bottom