Ridgeback MX24 for sale (black)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Son2 has outgrown it so has a new bike now.

An extremely versatile kids bike which can be used for many purposes and rides well. The RST fork isn't bad on this bike, it actually works and is softly sprung to account for the lower weight of rider. A far cry from some of the Suntour offerings on other bikes.

Bike is mechanically in good condition, bearings all free, brakes work, wheels straight and gears working. Condition is as you see in the pics, it's been happily used this bike and has picked up all the usual scuffs and scrapes. Brake pads still have life in them but will need replacing after a few months of use.

These bikes have a couple of weaknesses. The front twist shift can be a bit vague and often requires an overtwist to change and then twist back slightly. I have adjusted this several times but this is how it works. Rear twist shift is fine. Wheels do go out of alignment and need a tune every now and again to keep them true. Apart from that, these are really good bikes for their age range and we have used it for tours and off road.

Shown here in touring guise with a rack and hybrid road/dirt tyres on. It's also fitted with some Wellgo pedals which replaced the plastic ones and a flinger front mudguard. Included in the sale is the rack shown, the Flinger rear mudguard, another set of off-road tyres and a spare 24" tube.

I'm looking for £90 for the bike and all bits and will post which will cost roughly £25 by Parcelforce 48, I'll confirm cost when I have your postcode to check.

Apologies in advance for the state of my garden, it will be seeking professional help soon.

IMG_3738.JPG
IMG_3739.JPG
IMG_3741.JPG
IMG_3742.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Crackle

Mods please close, now gone to auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.