Push fit BB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmy Welch

Hi my mate wants to upgrade his FSA 50/34 chainring to Shimano 105 52/36 he currently had a push fit bb 2 questions will this new chainring fit with the existing bb and is it OK to go up a couple of teeth in chain size without too much adjustment

Ajax Bay

Guru
Yes to the second Q. May need to nudge the FD up a few mm (so check if FD braze-on).
Be more specific about the FSA chainset.
https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/type/cranksets?discipline=378&series=

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240708_203205_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240708_203205_Gallery.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240708_203200_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240708_203200_Gallery.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240708_203154_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240708_203154_Gallery.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3

Cycleops

Legendary Member
"will this new chainring fit with the existing bb".
I think you mean will the Shimano ring fit the spider on the FSA crank? The BB doesn't come into it. Don't know how you'd find out, a visual check might not suffice. Perhaps someone on here who has done this might know.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

I think you mean will the Shimano ring fit the spider on the FSA crank? The BB doesn't come into it. Don't know how you'd find out, a visual check might not suffice. Perhaps someone on here who has done this might know.

Hi sorry no I want to fit a whole new Shimano 105 11 50/34 or 52/36 chainring on my mates bike without a load of faff on the the bb

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Hi sorry no I want to fit a whole new Shimano 105 11 50/34 or 52/36 chainring on my mates bike without a load of faff on the the bb

I recently fitted a 105 on to my bike but this had a threaded bb housing and the hollowtech went straight in this is a push fit only frame

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Oh sorry. I think you'll need to use the Shimano press-fit BB as I can't imagine Shimano spindle would be exactly the same dimensions as FSA. Unless someone knows different.

Top Bottom