Puncture proof tubes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I watched a video on YouTube last night of this guy making his tyre tube puncture proof by making a paste with acetone and polystyrene, then injecting it in his tube with a serynge through the valve.
It seemed to work well as he pierced the tube with a needle a few times to show it healed itself every time.
Great idea.

Alex321

Guru
I watched a video on YouTube last night of this guy making his tyre tube puncture proof by making a paste with acetone and polystyrene, then injecting it in his tube with a serynge through the valve.
It seemed to work well as he pierced the tube with a needle a few times to show it healed itself every time.
Great idea.

I should think it works on the same principle as the commercially available "slime" products.

They work reasonably well for small punctures.

Great idea.

A pin is one thing
a screw or piece of flint are another

Although I will look it up when I can as it looks interesting
might be cheaper than SLime and other such goo which I use with Marathons which seems to sort most problems out!

Great idea.

Not such a great idea. I bet he didn't show the bit where the gunk eventually solidifies into uneven lumps and makes the wheel unrideable?

On a similar note - I find that when I have "goo" in my inner tubes then it is best to squeeze it out after a couple of years and replace it

It seems to me that it goes off after a while - or sometimes goes clumpy and leaves gaps where a puncture can meet air rather than goo

PaulSB

Squire
Why not go tubeless rather than go to a lot of bother with gunge in tubes? I'm not trying to start a debate, it's a serious observation. I haven't had a puncture which didn't self-seal for 4½ years.

Top Bottom