Profile T2+ Clip-on aerobars + Cannondale Bullhorn/Base Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I am putting this up for sale to gauge interest/find a buyer before I commit to buying an upgrade. If they sell I will buy the upgrade and then remove and send these asap, whilst minimising the amount of time where my TT bike will be without bars!

They are pretty adjustable bars, good simple bit of kit, nothing fancy but good enough for anyone looking to give time trialling a lick (they retail at ~£80). I've won the club time trial league outright with a near perfect score (I think 177 points out of an available 180), finished top 20 in the Cheshire points league, done a handful of 21 minute 10's, a 54 minute 25 and got a few top 10 finishes in open TT's on these bars so they are certainly good enough to try your hand at time trialling with!

1 pair of Profile T2+ Clip-on aerobars like this:
T2-Aluminum.jpg

Clamp fitting for oversize (31.8mm) bars only. Used but good condition. - £55 + p&p

Cannondale bullhorn basebar like this (can be used with the above for a proper TT cockpit, or for a fixie or whatnot):

product_505076_69224.jpg
I think 42cm C-C, can double check, condition good, few marks near the stem from the clip on bars - £15 + p&p

If any of the prices are too high, let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Images of the bars:

IMAG0228.jpg
IMAG0229.jpg
IMAG0231.jpg

Bars in action:

in action.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Both pending as sold, but please don't lock the thread until the cash is in hand and product received, thanks!

Cheers. Just looked like Air Attack Shield. I use the shield just now but was wondering if there would be much difference between that and the Selector. Be hard to quantify without both helmets i imagine.

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Wouldn't know the numbers (do Giro make any claims?), the selector has less venting and covers your ears etc so the visor is more blended into the helmet. The tail on the Selector is not that long but long enough that sticking your head down to read a power readout would likely increase drag momentarily.

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Was going to buy a Bambino (I can get KASK at a much discounted price) but as the time saving was not a given, I decided to plump for some ADR Ultimate bars (minus extensions as I am modifying some other extensions to suit) and probably the new Castelli Speedsuit when it comes out.

Cheers, got the Shield as i could justify it as a TT helmet, with visor, and a road helmet also. Better VFM for me that way but probably a compromise in terms of out and out TT performance.

Was going to buy a Bambino (I can get KASK at a much discounted price) but as the time saving was not a given, I decided to plump for some ADR Ultimate bars (minus extensions as I am modifying some other extensions to suit) and probably the new Castelli Speedsuit when it comes out.
I actually had the same idea but decided £250 for a Bambino was too much for a TT specific helmet. Lot of cash.
Was personally going to get the Castelli speed suit also but the current year, not the new one. Ribble have them cheap-ish. That and the Air attack shield comes to about same price as Bambino!

OP
OP
Rob3rt

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I actually had the same idea but decided £250 for a Bambino was too much for a TT specific helmet. Lot of cash.
Was personally going to get the Castelli speed suit also but the current year, not the new one. Ribble have them cheap-ish. That and the Air attack shield comes to about same price as Bambino!

I am able to get KASK stuff at a much lower price than that, but I agree, it is a lot of money if you don't KNOW that it is better than your current getup. I would buy one if I knew it was better. But as it stands it could actually be slower than the Giro. I KNOW the ADR bars will save time, expected 8-12W so ~10-15 secs (even if my position remains crappy), having talked to a bit of an aero guru, but they will also give me the room to adjust my position much more, so double saving. It was a no brainer.

Anyway, since mods are likely to tell us off for discussing stuff in a sales thread, feel free to pm about this sort of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom