Post Office Delivery Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Post Office Delivery Bike
1718980903554.png

24th June
BT63 6NL

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Seems to be a lot of interest in these 'Elephant: bikes.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I do indeed. I haven't got her out yet this year. She makes a fantastic gardening bike once I have something to harvest. I just pop everything in the basket to bring it home. She's just a bit heavy to manoeuvre through the gate :laugh: I'd hate to drop her and have to pick her up.

I spotted another in Newcastle the other day and there's a florist in Morpeth who uses one for display. They fill the basket with plants and flowers and stand it outside the shop.

grldtnr

Über Member
I do indeed. I haven't got her out yet this year. She makes a fantastic gardening bike once I have something to harvest. I just pop everything in the basket to bring it home. She's just a bit heavy to manoeuvre through the gate :laugh: I'd hate to drop her and have to pick her up.

I spotted another in Newcastle the other day and there's a florist in Morpeth who uses one for display. They fill the basket with plants and flowers and stand it outside the shop.
The Mailstar tough as a tank, is it a 3 or 5 spd, the Sturmey 5 spd wasn't reliable, it could fail, other bovver was the bars, seat post, and pedals getting corroded in , the Chrome handle bars would go rusty
nd get pitted.
The trick was to polish them up with scrunched foil and oil, incidentally you can use that trick on any chrome , brings it up good.

Jameshow

Veteran
I suppose she has a lot of history in the post

Part and parcel of the history....

Top Bottom