Pinarello FP2 sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
Very tempted by the FP2 on Wiggle... can anyone tell me what size I would need?
30" inside leg measured in bare feet from floor to crotch.
:tongue:
cool.gif

Very tempted by the FP2 on Wiggle... can anyone tell me what size I would need?
30" inside leg measured in bare feet from floor to crotch.
:tongue:
cool.gif

Try doing a bike fit to see what it throws up; the tri centre do one. Ive also done on line fit at www.wrenchscience.com :smile:

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Cheers HLaB, the online tool came up with centre-to-centre of 48cm and centre-to-top of 49cm so I'm wondering if the 47cm frame would be OK for me... Hmmmm

WS Recommended Sizes Frame Size center-to-center:48 cmFrame Size center-to-top:49 cmOverall Reach:65.17 cmSaddle Height:65.04 cmHandlebar Width:42 cm
div-full.gif

Your Measurements Height:167.00 cmSternum Notch:137.00 cmInseam Length:29.00 inArm Length:59.00 cmShoulder Width:41.00 cmFlexiblity:5Weight:63.00 kiloFoot Size:7.00 UK

My system is locked up just now but I would think a 47cm would be far too small, I cant remember if you are taller than me (5 foot 9) but you are not far off; my tri centre fit suggested a 56cm and the bikes I ride are 54cm and 55cm.

Edit: my pc has kind of free'd it self I'm actually a few cm taller than you (171cm) the site is nearly spot on for me Frame Size center-to-center: 55 cm Frame Size center-to-top: 56 cm, so you won't be far off.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Hmmm you're right HLaB... just found a chart online that suggested a 47cm for someone 5'0"... dunno how I came up with that figure - ooops!
blush.gif

Think I might just see the TriCentre folks for a proper measurement.
and maybe a wee spin round the park after if they can fit me in tomorrow pm..
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Well I went for a measure today :smile: Some really nice bikes in there... I do like the Ridleys.

I got two measurements - one for Sport and one for Competition. The key points I think were:-
Sport: Saddle to BB 688mm; Seat Tube 506mm; Top Tube 531mm
Comp: Saddle to BB 692mm; Seat Tube 504mm; Top Tube 534mm

Comparing this with the Pinarello FP2: 51cm Seat Tube and a Top Tube of 537mm

This seems like a close match. I think :-s
Is it close enough I wonder...

Top Bottom