Peer to peer lending.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
Has anybody used peer to peer lending websites to lend money? I have a few quid which isn't earning much in an ISA.So looking at a low to medium risk investment for the medium to long term.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Lend with care is another such scheme. I'd regard it as an alternative to bonds or shares, not an ISA, as I think there's a chance you lose money.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Has anybody used peer to peer lending websites to lend money? I have a few quid which isn't earning much in an ISA.So looking at a low to medium risk investment for the medium to long term.

How about a shares-linked ISA?

Good chance of better returns than an ordinary ISA, so it meets your 'low to medium' risk wish, and this one suggests five years, which could be described as medium term.

http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/isa/ftse/

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's my understanding that they are now regulated by the financial conduct authority.
Still not protected by the FSCS!

I wouldn't describe peer-to-peer lending, or equities, as "low to medium risk". If your target is preserving your capital, then you need to put up with bank accounts, or National Savings. If your target is growth over the long term (i.e. 10 years plus), then equities or property are probably the best bet, but carry the risk that you'll lose everything and aren't cheap to trade.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You're probably more concerned about returns than the feelgood factor, but you could ask @redfalo about Kiva.

There is a Cycle Chat group on Kiva

pclay

Veteran
I lend money through Zopa. I have over £500 in there. Never had any problems over the last 12-18 months.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
OP
OP
Leedsbusdriver

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last

SD1

I have invested in Funding Circle the return was an annualised 9.4% but I was using credit card money (indirectly). So was only there for a short time. Presently investing for daughter same score 9.4% annualised. There is a £50 recommendation payment in there, so not quite that high. Funding circle recently changed to fixed interest instead of an interest rate auction, so cannot give a long term view anymore. Worth a look in. Basically spread your risk. There is supposed to be an isa option in the future.

Top Bottom