Parking Recommendations for Dover Ferry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Farmer Sue Tickles

Does anyone have any recommendations for parking my car for a week at Dover port while we take the ferry to Dunkirk for a 5 day tour. I don't mind if it is a little out of town as we can ride our bikes to the hotel.

Google isn't coming up with much. Thanks. 😁

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have used myparkingspace in the past when using the Portsmouth to Ouistreham ferry. Always found it to be good. In the case of Portsmouth it was about £4 per day to park at a hotel car park just off the main A road about 15 minutes ride from the ferry terminal, and far enough out of town for me to feel reasonably confident about leaving the car for a week without drunken passers by trashing it.

Edit.... The site is actually called YOURparkingspace... but the link above will take you to the right place.
I did a search out of curiosity. Park at the Premier Inn off the A2 for a week, 19th to 26th July, for £22.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Farmer Sue Tickles

How difficult is it to navigate out of Loon Plage once in France?

I am reading some horror stories about how difficult is if you take the wrong turn. I would like to head up the coast road towards Belgium.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
How difficult is it to navigate out of Loon Plage once in France?

I am reading some horror stories about how difficult is if you take the wrong turn. I would like to head up the coast road towards Belgium.
I think it's pretty easy. Start heading for Dunkerque and keep an eye out for the bike sign telling you to turn right onto the greenway. If you end up at a huge traffic light junction, you missed the turn.

Getting into Loon-Plage is fiddlier but covered in other posts if you search the forum for Dunkerque port. There is also a tricky turn in one of the Synthes to get on the new greenway. Then it is fairly straightforward to Belgium!

Top Bottom