Paralympics 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I know two Swimmers. So will be watching at least ‘some’ of the games. One local lad - and Son of a good friend - is William Ellard. He is quite the Athlete. Cheer him on for me; and hopefully watch the GB medal tally increase ✅

https://www.britishswimming.org/athlete-swimming-profiles/para-swimming-profiles/william-ellard/

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I know two Swimmers. So will be watching at least ‘some’ of the games. One local lad - and Son of a good friend - is William Ellard. He is quite the Athlete. Cheer him on for me; and hopefully watch the GB medal tally increase ✅

https://www.britishswimming.org/athlete-swimming-profiles/para-swimming-profiles/william-ellard/

Good stuff, will keep an eye out.

There was a piece on 5Live the other day about intellectually impaired athletes and how they don't have as many medals opportunities but it's cool that it's a recognised category. I didn't catch the name of the fella they were interviewing (also a swimmer I believe) who was regretting being "an old man" and not able to compete, I'm pretty sure he said he was younger than me!

The key thing was the difference in attitudes to these games for all the athletes which can only be a positive IMO.

I'm just hoping the controversy over the trans Italian runner doesn't become a huge talking point as it did with the boxers, but the debate on that one isn't for this thread!

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Good stuff, will keep an eye out.

There was a piece on 5Live the other day about intellectually impaired athletes and how they don't have as many medals opportunities but it's cool that it's a recognised category. I didn't catch the name of the fella they were interviewing (also a swimmer I believe) who was regretting being "an old man" and not able to compete, I'm pretty sure he said he was younger than me!

The key thing was the difference in attitudes to these games for all the athletes which can only be a positive IMO.

I'm just hoping the controversy over the trans Italian runner doesn't become a huge talking point as it did with the boxers, but the debate on that one isn't for this thread!

I’m on a WhatsApp group started by his Father to track his Games.

His schedule is below for anyone interested:

IMG_5195.jpeg

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
The opening ceremony was pretty spectacular, though I did think Channel 4 could have skipped the ads while it was on (which is a very minor gripe).

I always like seeing the inventive ways the athletes find to compete in their sports, that in itself is an incredible skill even before you start with their sporting ability.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I've been in and out of the coverage, but saw that race. Mighty close between him and the Aussie chap! Nobody else looked like touching them.

Cool !!!

Our Office / Accounts Manageress tells me they have a ‘very well known’ Female Paralympic Swimmer who’s won a number of Golds and lives in her ‘Village’. They commemorated that fact / her by permanently having a Gold Postbox in the Street in her honour. I’ll bike there one day and get a pic……..😉

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
The team GB performance so far has been spectacular.
We are basically smashing it out of the park.

A record of 12 golds today. That's seriously impressive.

I was out for most of the day and only caught the second half of the murderball between us and the US who looked on a totally different level despite us being very good. I'd love to give it a go, it looks brutal.

Top Bottom