Paint code or likely colour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilrichardson55

Hi all I have a brommie 2006 M3L in red, I have some chips I want to deal with around the folding parts. Any one got a idea the colour I had flame red
And bright red and a magenta colour which is out lol they were all Brompton paint is there a code stamped on the frame ?

Many thanks and sorry for being a pain

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If it's just a few chips I should head for the nail varnish section at Boots or elsewhere and find a matching colour. Alternatively a model shop with a Humbrol stand, they have a good selection of enamels.
I've found this can work quite well.

Fastpedaller

Über Member
Crikey that's pricey ........ Can get a 1L can of RAL (specific number) coach enamel from Craftmaster paints for £37 - enough to paint about 30 Bromptons or touch in the chips and paint the garage door, shed door, and house door to match! It's the best paint I've ever used.

Tenkaykev

Guru
https://www.thebromptonman.com/paint-codes.html#/
I got a rattle can for a couple of accessories I wanted to add to the bike, and a small touch up bottle for just a few quid from an online motor factor.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I've seen others suggesting nail varnish for bike paint 'repair' - but surely it isn't durable?
The "proper" touch-up stuff I got from Condor smells of acetone so I assume they're similar..

Any of these?
https://www.londoncraftwork.co.uk/product/touch-up-paint-for-brompton-all-colours

You can match the RAL codes if you go down the humbrol/Revell route.

Think that belongs in the 'How much, you're having a giraffe' thread.
Yeah, that's royally taking the pish.

Seems that site is generally on the blag - IIRC they also flog a lot of cheapo Chinese tat that could be had on Ali Express for 10% of the asking..

Opportunistic profiteers to be avoided it seems!

@neilrichardson55 - you can get the same stuff direct from Condor for less than half the price; as I did with the gloss black I bought for my Brompton :smile:

Top Bottom