oops, second post! Hi from Isle of Wight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and welcome Stacy the franken bikes sound intresting lol. I have visions of large bolts tnrough their necks !!!!

Welcome along, I love riding on the I.O.W. I did the Randonee this year, it was a proper giggle. I should get over to the island more often than I do, because I live 2 minutes from the Red Funnel terminal that gets you to Cowes in an hour or so.

bikeman66

As title new to forum, got a Wilier for my 40th. Love it!!
Got a single speed Inbred, a Marin Hybrid and some frankenbikes
Looking forward to a new forum. Ttfn Stacy
Hi Stacy,

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to solve any technical issues and stay in touch with fellow cyclists everywhere. I'm on the Isle of Wight too, in Newport. What area are you? Love riding the lower central part of the island around Chillerton, Chale, Niton, Brighstone etc etc.

bikeman66

Welcome. I spent the other weekend cycling The Isle of Wight ,......oh the hills.
Funny how different folk see things in different ways eh Saucepot? I've seen various comments on this forum with reference to the hills on the island. I guess having lived here all my life, I've grown up riding them, to the point where I don't particularly pay any attention to their presence.

When I used to do a lot of mountain biking I've had mates from the mainland refuse to come over here because they didn't think there were any hills that would challenge them. Their loss I think!

I guess that as the island is only 26 miles by 13 miles you're not going to be able to ride too far without finding a hill.

Top Bottom