On One Pompetamine Versa 8 Speed Alfine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barnesy

Here i have for sale my on one hub geared bike, this is a do it all bike that is reliable and maintenance free.

It is equipped with Shimano alfine 8 speed hub gears meaning all of the gearing is encased and not open to dirt and grime for the elements combined with avid BB7 disc brakes means reliable braking in all conditions, add SKS mud guards means this is the perfect all year round bike for UK weather.

I have owned the bike since January 2011, i have used it for commuting, and for touring through France, Belgium and Holland on 2 separate tours.

Being steel it really is a very strong and comfortable bike, the ability to fit up to 35mm tyres to the 700cc wheels means it can also be used in rougher ground and paths aswell as on the road.

It has a 51cm frame which is a Medium, its a compact frame and is the equivalent of a 54cm racing frame, i am 5,9" and it fits me perfectly, i have done long days on this bike while touring day after day and it has been a joy to ride.

The bike has the following spec:

Glow in the dark white frame and fork in 4130 steel
Shimano Alfine 8 speed hub gear and shifters
a 48 and a 42 tooth front ring to have a different selection of gears (whatever suits you)
Avid BB7 road disc brakes with 120mm rotors and a new front disc
Avid 36 spoke wheels with shimano XT front hub

Apart from the standard spec i have added the following:

On one twelfty seatpost and charge spoon saddle
SKS chromoplastic mud guards in white
Schwalbe marathon plus puncture proof tyres 25mm
Rear pannier rack for commuting/touring

The bike is in very good condition, having done less than 3000 miles half commuting and half touring, i have had a spoke replaced in the rear wheel while on tour and there is also some damage to one of the front brake levers as can be seen in one of the pictures, this is only a plastic cap and is cosmetic and not functional. there are also a few small scuffs but nothing major.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, i am selling as i have bought a different bike that will be suitable for a 25,000 mile tour that i will be doing.

Viewing welcome, collection from my home in Belfast if NI based, i can also look at posting it to anywhere else in the UK.

I am looking for £650 ono for this.

Please feel free to contact with any questions you may have.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

IMG_9695.jpg

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Nice bike and wish you well with your sale. Am ever so jealous of your 25000 mile tour. Tell us more.

OP
OP
B

barnesy

I leave in May and start in Alaska, I will cycle the length of North and South America to Ushuaia where I hope to get a boat to Cape Town where I will then cycle home through Africa, the Middle East and Europe.

Im doing it in aid of Unicef and Project Zambia, a Belfast based charity that I work for.

You can check out more at:

www.thebigcycle.com
www.facebook.com/TheBigCycleWorldTour2013

Top Bottom