Not a true Essex girl!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NJ150

Hi, I live in Essex and love cycling the back roads just for general exercise and fitness. I prefer to cycle alone so that I can go as fast or as slow as I want/need without having to think of others. With a family of men at home it's nice just to have a bit of time to myself in the countryside.
I'm a self-confessed fair-weather cyclist, I hate going out in the strong wind and rain and only go on the turbo during the cold winter months. But hey, don't judge me I love it when I do get out and about!

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Hello and welcome!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to CC. I suspect you're typical of a lot of us. Good to just get out in the air to clear your head and as Groucho Marx once said 'I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member'.

Have fun.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi and :welcome:
I like to ride alone for the same reasons that you give. I like a bit of company from time to time too though.
Definitely not riding today, it's slinging it down where I am.:rain:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Welcome to the forum.

ocianbricles

Hi, I live in Essex and love cycling the back roads just for general exercise and fitness. I prefer to cycle alone so that I can go as fast or as slow as I want/need without having to think of others. With a family of men at home it's nice just to have a bit of time to myself in the countryside.
I'm a self-confessed fair-weather cyclist, I hate going out in the strong wind and rain and only go on the turbo during the cold winter months. But hey, don't judge me I love it when I do get out and about!

Fair weather cyclist? The only time you need to ride in bad weather is if you're caught out in it. Riding is all about exercise, enjoying the outdoors, and taking in the views of our beautiful Essex countryside! Turbo indoors is about right for bad weather.

Top Bottom