Northwest England

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there, I'm from North Lancashire and a committed cyclist. Well I should be committed for riding throughout the year and all the winter storms on my commute.

Currently riding a PlanetX bike because I can't afford better (new). Looking at a nice looking used recumbent though. Why recumbent? Well I'm looking for something different. Do you ever get out on your bike and think you need a change? Well I did but looking at various tourers, gravel/adventure bikes that take luggage all over the bike I've realized I need something new.

A look at tandems, whilst fascinating me, didn't work for me. I'm unlikely to get a tandem spend past the CFO (my partner) and nobody in the family will ride one with me.

So recumbents came into view. First of all a year and half ago an old man with a trike plus fairing (a well known cyclist in the town near me) was spotted. Then a few two wheeled recumbent riders were seen, then a trike fist. In holiday in the Netherlands we saw a Dutch made velo mobile full streamlined recumbent. Then a few more recumbents at home and my first ever spot of a velomobile in the UK.

Now I never used to see them but once spotted I am noticing them more often. So now I want a go. Any friendly recumbent riders in Lancaster area willing to give a guy a go?

So I've seen a used Optima Lynxx for £750, is that a good recumbent and a good price?

So I've rambled on enough to introduce myself. Time to get stuck in reading the vast accumulated knowledge contained in this forum!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Top Bottom