Noob from Derbyshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all, been lurking on this forum for a few days so thought I'd join!
Was massively in to 'low budget' cycling about 5-10 years ago covering endless miles on road/track on horrendous bikes before boring things inevitably got in the way! I bought a God awful Halfords budget bike in spring to Potter about on with the OH and I've been totally re-hooked :wahhey:. Hoping to gain lots of knowledge on what bike/equipment to invest in going forward and maybe even join a club.
Thanks for reading ^_^
Jamie

U

User32269

:welcome:from tropical Liverpool.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
@Lilliburlero

Well spotted! I do live in Burton which is technically Staffs but I always ride in the Derbyshire direction.
Welcome from sunny newhall :smile:
Mercia CCrun club rides from burton town hall every sunday , 4 groups so its fairly easy to find a group for your pace , obviously this is a road bike club , cyclechat also has a ride planned in september from market bosworth.

What bike did you buy ? i have found most halfords bikes ok , its ust they can have little niggles due to being set up not being spot on.

EDIT
You think burton is bad, i grew up in blackfordby so i was on the border of 3 counties , really confusing !

e-rider

Banned member
Hi all, been lurking on this forum for a few days so thought I'd join!
Was massively in to 'low budget' cycling about 5-10 years ago covering endless miles on road/track on horrendous bikes before boring things inevitably got in the way! I bought a God awful Halfords budget bike in spring to Potter about on with the OH and I've been totally re-hooked :wahhey:. Hoping to gain lots of knowledge on what bike/equipment to invest in going forward and maybe even join a club.
Thanks for reading ^_^
Jamie
why not buy a good bike and enjoy the sport a little more?

OP
OP
H

Hiimspiderman

:welcome:
(I need to get my eyes re-tested - I read that as "Nob from Derbyshire" :laugh:)
Haha either would be appropriate to be fair ^_^.

@cyberknight that's good to know, thanks! My current bike is the cheapest of the cheap Halfords type (Apollo something) it's clunky, which I've mainly ironed out, but heavy so I'm soon on the look out for something a bit better at least, for a couple of hundred ish, maybe second hand. Tight budget due to too many hobbies that don't match my salary :whistle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Haha either would be appropriate to be fair ^_^.

@cyberknight that's good to know, thanks! My current bike is the cheapest of the cheap Halfords type (Apollo something) it's clunky, which I've mainly ironed out, but heavy so I'm soon on the look out for something a bit better at least, for a couple of hundred ish, maybe second hand. Tight budget due to too many hobbies that don't match my salary :whistle:
Take a trip to decathlon, next to ikea
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-500-se-road-bike-id_8306187.html

Top Bottom