noise from back of electric Jorvik tricycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swanseamaid

I have an intermittent grinding noise from the back of my tricycle. I can ride for quite a while before it sounds, I slow down and it disappears, it is a really loud grinding noise. I think it's coming from the right side back wheel. A few people have had a look at it and are baffled as to what it can be. I have booked it in for a service soon but would like some information to give them about what it may be. It only occurs when I am riding the trike and not when the back wheels are spun independently. The gears seem fine and I have no problem changing gear. Any ideas anyone.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have an intermittent grinding noise from the back of my tricycle. I can ride for quite a while before it sounds, I slow down and it disappears, it is a really loud grinding noise. I think it's coming from the right side back wheel. A few people have had a look at it and are baffled as to what it can be. I have booked it in for a service soon but would like some information to give them about what it may be. It only occurs when I am riding the trike and not when the back wheels are spun independently. The gears seem fine and I have no problem changing gear. Any ideas anyone.

Wheel bearing ?

Top Bottom