no idea how much these are worth.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Skype_Picture_2024_07_19T06_55_13_170Z.jpeg
i paid over a grand for the coyote originally. yeah the electronics dont work, but someone who knows what they are doing i have no doubt could get it working. lesson learned for me though, dont buy electric bikes, especially dont buy halfords own brand electric bikes aside from that they are unreliable generally, as soon as the warranty is up they will not and apparently cannot do anything for you. as for what i should try to sell it for im thinking maybe 50 euro? even that i wonder if its too ambitious
then theres this one
Skype_Picture_2024_07_19T06_55_13_577Z.jpeg

its the folded elecric bike. probably worth less than nothing now, but was very handy at the time using with buses etc. what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
, especially dont buy halfords own brand electric bikes aside from that they are unreliable generally,
Nonsense. That's a generalisation too far.

Numerically Hellfrauds reckoned at one point they were selling more Carrera ebikes in the UK than every other brand put together, and today it's still estimated they have over a third of the market.

Yet sneak into a few ebike forums and the number of complaints about Hellrauds products comes nowhere near the level of a third to half, and by a huge margin. The majority complaint is about Bosch, who have relatively small market penetration on the UK.

And just to make the point my Carrera ebike is coming up on 9000 miles and 5 years and has been faultless, whereas my (now my Dads) Bosch powered Trek from a Trek shop had a new motor within 6 months.

The ebike, fifty to hundred quid. It's easy to say someone technically minded can fix it, but more likely it'd be easier to bin the works and fit an aftermarket kit, and that's going to be 3 or 400 sheets.

The folder, get it cleaned and working properly, fit a seat, £75, +/- a bit. The problem there is there are some useable budget folders about for less than £200, so much more than that and it becomes unattractive.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Numerically Hellfrauds reckoned at one point they were selling more Carrera ebikes in the UK than every other brand put together, and today it's still estimated they have over a third of the market.

Yet sneak into a few ebike forums and the number of complaints about Hellrauds products comes nowhere near the level of a third to half,
I'd second that. I bought a Wisper electric bike about 12 years ago for £1500; this was when there weren't many ebikes around. It was supposed to be top of the range, and the same model that some Police forces used. I did 3000 miles in the first year and the battery went kapput, which luckily Wisper replaced even though it was 5 days out of warranty (and would have cost £550).

I'd clean them up properly, take good pictures, explain all the faults and put them on FB or something for £100. You will usually get some silly offers, but serious offers will come eventually. Or you could look into what the fault is, see if the part can be fixed or replaced and sell it working for more

OP
OP
FocusOnCycling

FocusOnCycling

Regular
Nonsense. That's a generalisation too far.

Yet sneak into a few ebike forums and the number of complaints about Hellrauds products comes nowhere near the level of a third to half, and by a huge margin. The majority complaint is about Bosch, who have relatively small market penetration on the UK.

And just to make the point my Carrera ebike is coming up on 9000 miles and 5 years and has been faultless, whereas my (now my Dads) Bosch powered Trek from a Trek shop had a new motor within 6 months.

The ebike, fifty to hundred quid. It's easy to say someone technically minded can fix it, but more likely it'd be easier to bin the works and fit an aftermarket kit, and that's going to be 3 or 400 sheets.

The folder, get it cleaned and working properly, fit a seat, £75, +/- a bit. The problem there is there are some useable budget folders about for less than £200, so much more than that and it becomes unattractive.

but thats it, both bikes the electronics dont work (both were halfords incidentally), so assuming iv polished them up in all other respects, what might they be worth selling wise to someone who knows how to fix them, if anything. but yeah anyway iv gone off the idea of electronic bikes completely, for the price i paid for the coyote i could have had an absolute top of the range push bike that will never go wrong for as long as i have legs.

OP
OP
FocusOnCycling

FocusOnCycling

Regular
Because we can only value them based on what you present.

ok as iv said elsewhere assuming i have them well polished up and other than the electronics they are working. the folder was probably about £300 new the coyote was over 1000 euro. what might they be worth now

All uphill

Still rolling along
but thats it, both bikes the electronics dont work (both were halfords incidentally), so assuming iv polished them up in all other respects, what might they be worth selling wise to someone who knows how to fix them, if anything. but yeah anyway iv gone off the idea of electronic bikes completely, for the price i paid for the coyote i could have had an absolute top of the range push bike that will never go wrong for as long as i have legs.

I think you are pointing your finger in the wrong direction. I know plenty of people whose ebikes are giving them good service after 5 or 7 years.

I also know a couple of people who have bought normal bikes and neglected them, then find they have little value after a few years.

OP
OP
FocusOnCycling

FocusOnCycling

Regular
I think you are pointing your finger in the wrong direction. I know plenty of people whose ebikes are giving them good service after 5 or 7 years.

I also know a couple of people who have bought normal bikes and neglected them, then find they have little value after a few years.

well the difference is that a pushbike that no longer works from neglect can be spruced up and got working again. you can take care of an electric bike as much as you want. but if the electronics go on it and the parts are no longer made for that particular model then you ahve a pile of junk. halfords dont want to know once the warranty is up. so yeah its a never again from me.

DRM

Guru
Re the E-bike if it's just been left and not used, or charged then the battery will be FUBAR'd and will basically make it a write off

Top Bottom