Newish to cycling with a family

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Floraflinkle

Hi we have 7 kids I cycled a lot pre children and am now getting the family involved the plan is to get all 7 bikes and a weehoo igopro2 in/on our vw transporter lwb mini bus our problem being, the eldest 3 bikes are 17/18 inch adult bikes plus mine hubby's and weehoo I can't get them all in or on the cycle rack none of the 5 big bikes have quick release front wheels at the moment is it possible to just change the scewer bit in the middle????
Many thanks xx

Unfortunately not...

Firstly on a threaded axle, the axle protrudes beyond the forks, whereas with a quick release the axle is flush or slightly narrower than the forks hence a quick release skewer will not work.

There used to be an option with "winged nuts"

47447d1325446326-dscf1574.jpg

These speeded up the removal of wheels.

I believe that they are available still, but I suspect that they will be an item for fixed and single speed bikes so will not be cheap.

OP
OP
F

Floraflinkle

Firstly thanks for the replies seems I have been pretty naive.
I will look into the winged nuts though perhaps I may already have one on a old bike.
It's not a option to not put them in a car as where we are on the cycle track means we have to use a A road (the main route to glasgow very traffic dense) to gain access to it twins @ 11 one @ 10 twins @ 7 and me towing twins @ 20 months I don't think I will ever allow them on a A road unless it's a very quiet one. You see my predicament

Ern1e

Über Member
[QUOTE 3170115, member: 45"]Sounds like you need a trailer.[/QUOTE]
Thats a +1 on the trailer a nice box type with roller sutter door you should get them all in ok,only problem may be the cost of buying one or can these thing be hired short term ?

Dark46

Veteran
Hi and welcome to forums

Top Bottom