Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Perce

Regular
Hello all,

I'm Perce, originally from Sheffield but now living in Malvern. Well - what a time to buy a bike! I actually bought it in December but we had a few weeks of flooding and then obviously lockdown occurrred so have only really ventured out in the last three months or so. What a revelation riding a bike is - I've not owned a bike since I was 19 ( I'm 64 now) and it's like being a kid again. Been visiting local towns and just going down country lanes exploring. Few months ago was great, very little traffic and felt quite safe on the roads. Busier now though so being more careful. Car drivers have been very good though, even tooting their horns to show encouragement. One driver even pulled alongside me asking directions to a place called Fugovan but he dove off before I could reply. Couldn't help anyway, not lived here all that long. Cycling longer distances now , 39 miles longest. I know thats not far to most people but thoroughly enjoying it. Anyway, that's enough from me, stay safe and happy cycling

Sharky

Guru
I like your view of other road users..
Car drivers have been very good though, even tooting their horns to show encouragement.

Glad you are enjoying cycling. Long may it last.

Hello all,

I'm Perce, originally from Sheffield but now living in Malvern. Well - what a time to buy a bike! I actually bought it in December but we had a few weeks of flooding and then obviously lockdown occurrred so have only really ventured out in the last three months or so. What a revelation riding a bike is - I've not owned a bike since I was 19 ( I'm 64 now) and it's like being a kid again. Been visiting local towns and just going down country lanes exploring. Few months ago was great, very little traffic and felt quite safe on the roads. Busier now though so being more careful. Car drivers have been very good though, even tooting their horns to show encouragement. One driver even pulled alongside me asking directions to a place called Fugovan but he dove off before I could reply. Couldn't help anyway, not lived here all that long. Cycling longer distances now , 39 miles longest. I know thats not far to most people but thoroughly enjoying it. Anyway, that's enough from me, stay safe and happy cycling
What the hell were you doing in the intervening 45 years? :sad:

OP
OP
P

Perce

Regular
Ah well- bought the bike when I was nineteen to cycle to work, a bright yellow Puch SDP280. Very nice looking bike but never got on with it
unfortunately. Ride to work was only about four miles at most but I was a heavy smoker at the time and liked a drink. Used to stop for a fag break halfway to work. What an idiot. Chain used to fall off a lot as well. Also got so much abuse from drivers I honestly thought I was doing something wrong, I know differently now of course, only thing I was doing wrong was being on their road. Making up for it now though- this is the bike I wish I had back then. So I think the abuse I got from drivers and the abuse I put my body through put me off, plus life getting in the way etc. Often wonder what happened to that bike

Top Bottom