Newbie commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smiler1207

Hello All,

Thought I would join this forum as I have been stalking it for a few weeks now and seems like the "place to be" with regard to cycling forums!

I have been commuting to work now for the past 6 weeks, Mon to Fri, rain or shine (more rain in June than I have ever known!). Its only approx 3 miles but have to say I am loving it so far! Nice to have the cool breeze in the morning to wake you up!

I have a Carrera Crossfire 2 that I bought off a colleague that hadnt used it. Luckily he already bought lights, mudguards, pump, raincover, small framebag, I just had to sort out the security side of things as my bike needs to be stored in the back garden.

Yesterday I received a pair of Schwalbe Marathons 700 x 32c to help me with longer rides and I can use as more of a summer tyre.

Fitness has improved massively as I am running and training too. Good thing is it is mostly easygoing on the way to work with mostly flat or downhill sections, this means I can get away with not having a shower when I get to work (good job as the only shower in the building is in the ladies toilets). On the way home is mostly uphill and a nice workout even though it takes about 12 minutes.

Now my confidence is there I plan to start extending my trip home to increase the distances I am doing day by day. I also signed up to Skyride and have booked some rides with them.

Hoping to be a valued member of this community!

Lee

arch684

Veteran
Hello and welcome to the forum

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi and welcome to CC.

Good on your for getting on the bike, commuting and wanting to join the extended commute club (10 miles on top of 22 everyday).
There's a good few of us on here who are in the club.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smiler1207

smiler1207

Schwalbe Marathons on! Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow!
Good ride, first proper non commute ride... Got lost a few times mainly cos of missing signs etc. Tyres are so much smoother:
Check out my ride on Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/627409037/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-GB
637e0108-1172-44f2-0000-0155aba76fde

Top Bottom