New Year New Start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tats1

Hello to you all,
for months I have been saying I will get a decent bike and start to do something which I have been
admiring for along time (years).
My name is kevin but prefer to be called tat.
I have just turned 50 and not in best shape but according to doctor just need to lose a bit of weight,
This week I went out and brought a Cannondale Caadx Sora 2016.Not what I was intending to do price wise but it looked a right bike for what I want,commuting to work 8 miles when that relocates in 2 months time on road and canal towpaths.
Tomorrow I get up early doors and off I go new year new start don't know how far I will go or for how long.so if you see a bald headed man on a Cannondale say hello in and around Tamworth area.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Welcome - it may be hard at the start (been there, had the red face/out of breath) but keep going. After a few weeks it'll get easier, then much easier.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hello to you all,
for months I have been saying I will get a decent bike and start to do something which I have been
admiring for along time (years).
My name is kevin but prefer to be called tat.
I have just turned 50 and not in best shape but according to doctor just need to lose a bit of weight,
This week I went out and brought a Cannondale Caadx Sora 2016.Not what I was intending to do price wise but it looked a right bike for what I want,commuting to work 8 miles when that relocates in 2 months time on road and canal towpaths.
Tomorrow I get up early doors and off I go new year new start don't know how far I will go or for how long.so if you see a bald headed man on a Cannondale say hello in and around Tamworth area.
Welcome to CC from shivery Swadlincote :hello:

damj

Welcome and Enjoy yourself, two years ago I hadn't even thought about getting back into cycling. This forum is superb only wished I'd found it earlier - wasted a lot of buying things I don't need - all the best for 2016. Ps what a cracking bike

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi & :welcome:
Nice bike that. I've got a CX. I bought it for the winter but have done plenty of summer miles on him too.

Hope you have lots of fun on your bike. Looking forward to seeing you around the threads.

OP
OP
T

tats1

Thanks for replies,
Went out early for about 2 hours just about right for me at moment.
No problems with bike,same again in morning.
How long before the sore rear end becomes normal,
they don't make seats like they use to.

Good luck - keep at it! Rear end will take a couple of weeks to get used to the saddle (or the other way round!)

Top Bottom