New to the road cycling game

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimjam

Regular
Evening all,

Just signed up for the cycle2work scheme to see if I can finally make the change from mountain bike to a road bike.

Picked it up earlier and did a 12 mile journey to get me started. I am not looking forward to the soreness tomorrow!

Hopefully make a few comments whilst browsing at work ;)

James

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I was going to ask you tell us what bike you have, but then noticed your avatar :smile:

:welcome: to CC and enjoy your new toy, James :bicycle:

OP
OP
Jimjam

Jimjam

Regular
Chose the 13 Intrinsic road bike over the Boardman models as aesthetically preferred the 13.

Contrary to popular belief, great service in Leicester Abbey Lane Halfords.

13 rider

Guru
Hi @Jimjam from a fellow Leicesterite and follow 13 rider I have a intutative hybrid and love it . Agree about Halfords Abbey lane . Did Mat serve you he's a great guy and will remember you when you go back in again I have recently upgraded to a road bike and was going to get the Intrinsic but got a bargin second hand giant defy .Happy riding I ll look out for you 13s are quite rare I yet to see another on the road so are easy to spot

OP
OP
Jimjam

Jimjam

Regular
Hi @Jimjam from a fellow Leicesterite and follow 13 rider I have a intutative hybrid and love it . Agree about Halfords Abbey lane . Did Mat serve you he's a great guy and will remember you when you go back in again I have recently upgraded to a road bike and was going to get the Intrinsic but got a bargin second hand giant defy .Happy riding I ll look out for you 13s are quite rare I yet to see another on the road so are easy to spot

I had a gent called Sean and a couple of new boys who made sure I got all my accessories in the C2W. Very impressed. It's a rarity for me to leave feedback but made sure I passed on my thanks to their feedback system. The difference in three years when I purchased my mountain bike is astonishing.

Vickivix

Hi, glad to hear that about Halfords. I'm toying with a Boardman hybrid and the thought of going there put me off.

13 rider

Guru
Yes halfords gets a bad rep on here but can't fault the service I've had at Abbey lane Leicester .Mate bought his from the branch up welford road and he was not impressed , service does vary store to store

Top Bottom