New to cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rough123

hi all
Just joined. Looks like a good site with lots of useful info. Just got a new smart turbo -taco vortex and found the forum pages useful for helping me setup. I had no clue what a dongle was until I got one!
Anyway thanks for your help and I've just got bkool -next step see how the leagues etc work
Ali

hi all
Just joined. Looks like a good site with lots of useful info. Just got a new smart turbo -taco vortex and found the forum pages useful for helping me setup. I had no clue what a dongle was until I got one!
Anyway thanks for your help and I've just got bkool -next step see how the leagues etc work
Ali
Welcome along:welcome:. It's good to hear you've found it helpful so far. Enjoy your riding:bicycle:.

Venod

Eh up
hi all
Ali

Hi @rough123 welcome, I am considering a smart trainer (recovering from an off) are you happy with the Vortex, if you could point me to the usefull forum pages it would be appreciated.

OP
OP
R

rough123

Hi @redvision95. Sorry to hear you've had a fall.
Only had the vortex smart since yesterday so only had a few hours to play about with it. I read a few forum pages on here. Mainly on the bkool software and what was needed. I'm not very good with technology so was worried nothing would work. Trainer was v easy to setup. I used the tacx app on iphone to calibrate it( takes about 1min). You can use the trainer just with this app but is basic. I have a garmin500 on bike too and corresponds to data from that. There is a proper tacx trainer software pack but costs more money.
I like the look of zwift but computer too old to use so trying with bkool instead which started working no problem. You need an Ant+ dongle in the computer to make this work. I haven't had much time to try out all the bkool features but I fancy having a go at some of the league stuff through here and group rides. Will send you another message after I've had a good play about!
It was a big dilema deciding what would work with computer and trainer but didn't cause too many problems really. Did have an issue with garmin express programme interfering with bkool but seems to have stopped after shutting all down stopping garmin.
Sites that were of use :
Dcrainmaker has good comparison of trainers . Bkool trainer looks good too but was more expensive.
Cyclechat was good for the bkool forum page.
Hope that helps!

Top Bottom