Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HGv Harry

Hiya I'm new to the site I first tried cycling to lose some weight and got bitten by the bug . Our firm was doing a charity ride London to Paris so I thought in for a penny , done a training schedule off the net for about three to four months and loved it
Just come back really enjoyed it

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
G'day Harry,

Welcome to the forum from a fellow LGV entitlement holder. :welcome:

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Hello from another fellow trucker. That's a great first organised ride London to Paris, well done!

Hello all, not been on in ages. Been on Baby duties . Cycle commuting only at the moment, looking forward to winter

OP
OP
H

HGv Harry

Cheers for the welcome
Didn't know what to expect as I'd not done any sort of organised event before but it was organised by action medical research for kids with serious health problems , they ie olly watts , jenn , and the whole crew were brilliant , they made it fun , there was plenty of banter as well which was all good , the food they supplied was excellent out of a refrigiated transit van ( awesome stuff ) hats off to the chef , the ride itself was really good it had everything ! Hills or what was technically called undulating !!!! The weather was brilliant 18- 22 degrees all week , as you can probably tell I really enjoyed the experience , i would recommend if any of you get the chance have a go next year yof won't regret it :bicycle:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Cheers for the welcome
Didn't know what to expect as I'd not done any sort of organised event before but it was organised by action medical research for kids with serious health problems , they ie olly watts , jenn , and the whole crew were brilliant , they made it fun , there was plenty of banter as well which was all good , the food they supplied was excellent out of a refrigiated transit van ( awesome stuff ) hats off to the chef , the ride itself was really good it had everything ! Hills or what was technically called undulating !!!! The weather was brilliant 18- 22 degrees all week , as you can probably tell I really enjoyed the experience , i would recommend if any of you get the chance have a go next year yof won't regret it :bicycle:
Hello and welcome.

When you say Jen and Olly, did you go with discover adventure?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-AQqkvYRq7...VXpOs/s1600/WP_20131002_00120131002205857.jpg

I completed an organised ride with Jen (not olly) a year ago which was excellent...there's a write up in travelogues under my name. Also did London to Paris last month over a weekend (on our own) and enjoyed that hugely too. Lands end to John I groats next for you I suspect!

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HGv Harry

Yes it was they had everything covered ,we got to the Friday morning and I was checking the bike over first thing and noticed a broken spoke on my rear wheel as it was a new bike which I'd only done about 1000 miles training in the previous few months I thought it was a bit quick to go , and my next thought was that's my ride over , but the guys pulled it out the bag lending me a spare mountain bike which was totally different from a riding point of view , the guys managed to get the spoke fixed for the next day so I could ride into Paris on my bike , what can I say an experience I won't forget ina really good way :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom