New member introduction.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all,
I am a recently retired 60 year old. I usually cycle about 50 to 60 miles a week on the MTB and 30 miles on the road bike. Most of my cycling is done in temperatures over 20deg C.
I am currently trying to build up my mileage / fitness for a trip back to the UK in November. I will be there for about three weeks and have a number of goals.
I will be spending my first week in Cornwall and will do my first C2C, Portreath to Devoran (well I have to start somewhere) on a rented bicycle.
I will then be heading up to Cumbria for a couple of weeks. I would like to buy myself a touring bike (that I can also use for some of the gentler MTB routes so therefore will need front suspension) and am quite happy to buy pre-owned / second hand hardwear. I will also need all the cold / wet weather gear and panniers etc. My total maximum budget is £1,000.
I would like to finish off with one of the C2C routes from Whitehaven / Workington to Tyneside.
Any suggestion / guideance / tips are very welcome with regard to routes and gear.
Many thanks.
Jon

steve50

Disenchanted Member
:welcome:

Top Bottom