New Guy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulvmax

Hello, I have recently taken up cycling to help with my rehabilitation following an operation on my leg. I am 25 used to be very fit, but because of certain events I have gained weight and lost fitness and strength.

I am currently doing 10 miles 4 days a week, dose your bum ever get used to the saddle ?

regards,
Paul.

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
:welcome: Paul, I am also returning to cycling after illness and congratulate you on you coninuing efforts. I think the more you ride the less uncomfortable you will feel and this should improve with time. You could also try a more upright posistion as this helps. Also raise yourself of the seat for 15 / 20 seconds periodically to replenish blood flow in that area. If things don't improve you may want to consider a different saddle.

Hope this helps.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. Yes the soreness will ease if you get yourself some good padded shorts. short rides often will help as well.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Or they may make it worse, like the wrong deep-padded saddle. Bums differ. Experiment.

Oh and :welcome: :cycle:

As with everything, its a case of trial and error. Try something, if it doesnt work try something else. Having a bike fitting may help as well. Different cycling wear works differently for each person. There are no guarantees im afraid. :okay:

Top Bottom