New guy from Lancashire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CoffeeKev

Hi guys

I'm Kev, 31 from Lancashire

Really looking for motivation to start cycling again. I have a road bike which I did over 1000 miles on last year, nearly all commuting (my commute is 16 miles either side by the way). I still have her, covered in dust in the garage

I've just bought a MTB for going up Rivington. Also considering driving to my local canal and cycling along that to work on the MTB which would make my commute shorter

Working nights at the moment so finding it hard to motivate myself either side of a 12 hour shift to commute

That's me

Kev

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

clid61

Veteran
hi kev im in wigan and commute similair to you all year round , and also head out to rivvy on my myb . mix it up try different routes youll get back into it !

OP
OP
CoffeeKev

CoffeeKev

Cheers guys. I know I just need to do it. Will take the bike out this evening or tomorrow to check everything is still sound then cycle part of my journey Monday to work

OP
OP
CoffeeKev

CoffeeKev

Thought screw it today and went out. Got soaked but loved it. Did just over 18k. Few issues with my shoes but easily sorted. Despite the bike being sat for a few months all she needed was the tires pumping back up. Gears, brakes, all bolts fine

Riding half way to work tomorrow either side of a 12 hour night shift, wish me luck

rourkey34

Hi Kev,

Not sure if you are interested but we are a small cycling group from Bury, that meet at the Ainsworth Arms in Radcliffe at 8am each Sunday morning.

We are called the Holy Rollers and you can find us on Facebook or online at our website.

We welcome people of all abilities into the group and there is never any pressure for anyone to ride beyond their ability.

If you are interested in coming along, let me know and I can give you some more details.

Thanks,
Andy

Top Bottom